Voted one of the best activities in Cozumel, this experience will fill your stomach and leave you smiling and satisfied. An exciting and informative experience of the culture, art, history & food in Cozumel.
- The Mexican Flavors Tour gives you access to all common areas. This includes Video Experience Room, Museum of Mexican Traditional Arts, Dioramic Garden, “Mercadito” Snack Bar, Margarita Center, and the Papantla Flyers Show.
- You will be accompanied by a certified Bilingual Guide; your guide will help you understand and discover Mexican culture from within.
- Indulge your senses with the history and flavor of tequila and chocolate.
- You will be taught how to mill cacao seeds in order to create your own chocolate disc to make the traditional Mexican hot cocoa beverage
- You’ll learn the origin, history, method of preparation, and of course, the correct way to savor and appreciate tequila.
- Perfect family activity. (Usually children over 4 years enjoy it the most, but kids all ages are welcome.)
- Your purchase includes a delicious Regional Lunch: Mexican taco buffet with one beverage (vegetarian options available).
A Great way to spend your single-day visit to Cozumel Island.
|PRICE||Adult: $81 Usd
Child: $59 Usd
BOOK NOW WITH 17 USD PER PERSON AND PAY THE REMAINING BALANCE WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR TOUR.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive 15 min before your tour start time|
|DURATION TOUR||The guided park tour is 4.5 hours. Afterwards, you are welcome to spend all the time you want in the park until closing time.|
Taste the History of Mexico at Discover Mexico Park
Relax in air-conditioned comfort as you view the exclusive four-screen video collage. The work of two years travel and filming, this award- winning presentation brings one of the world’s oldest and richest cultures to life.
Next it is off to see the Museum of Popular Arts. This Museum showcases works of contemporary folk art created by famous artisans from all over Mexico. You’ll have an opportunity to view works from artists including the famous “barro negro” pottery and the colorful iconic “alebrijes” from Oaxaca. Your tour guide is well-versed in all aspects of Mexican culture and history and will be happy to answer any questions.
Now it’s time to enter the cacao workshop. You can’t help but take in a long deep breath when you open the door- the smell is intoxicating! Your guides will teach you the traditional tools used to roast and mill cacao seeds into real chocolate. You will then have the opportunity to mill your own chocolate bars that were used to make a delicious traditional Mexican hot cocoa drink called “chocolhaa”. This is done by using traditional methods including hand-cranked mills, mortars, and pestles. NOTE: Please alert your guide if you are allergic to nuts.
Now it’s the perfect time to begin your Jose Cuervo tequila tour! Working with the dedicated staff at the José Cuervo distillery, you will have the chance to learn about the origin, history, and types of tequilas. This potent beverage has been made for centuries in Jalisco Mexico. In this fun and informative tour, your “tequilero” will guide you through three distinctly different José Cuervo tequilas: a Blanco, a Reposado, and an Añejo (aged).
You’ll learn to detect the subtle flavors and ingredients such as limes, cinnamon and coffee, that make up Mexico’s most famous beverage. Much like a fine single-malt scotch, there are high quality Tequilas that are to be similarly sipped and savored.
After the tour, you are invited to see the Paplanta Flyers show- a unique aerial performance honoring Mexico’s ancient “voladores”.